Saturday, July 02, 2005

Place of birth determines right to life? Can I remove the poverty in myself?

Well it's easier to blame the other poor sod. Someone like Sen. Ted Stevens gives his entire life to helping our nation, much of it a lonely time, spent in his office reading through papers, with tons of legalese. It just isn't rock n roll. He isn't just a politician, he's a statesman.

As for me the basic things that I need to change can be done as I achieve goals for myself and others. Maybe it is boring to clean out bathrooms on the Alaska pipeline, or reviewing and stack ranking possible features in software, maybe it isn't rock and roll but it gets us back to the question "Who am I? Where am I going? What am I doing?"

Bob Geldof on grotesque - showing images of starving kids. What does it matter where they are? It matters BECAUSE it is Africa. Geldof is a statesman a tattooed statesman.

"Today, we are here to declare our interdependence," said Smith in the city where the Declaration of Independence was signed. "Today we hold this truth to be self-evident: We are all in this together." Another Statesman... a Musicianstatesman.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8434048/
"Geldof appeared onstage to introduce Microsoft billionaire and philanthropist Gates, whom the crowd greeted with a rock star’s roar.

“We can do this, and when we do it will be the best thing that humanity has ever done,” Gates said."

What binds us?

No comments: