Thursday, February 12, 2009

HOLA! The Magic Has Started!

Rideshare2Mexico

Well the recession has recessed me right out of living in California, so I am driving down Mexico way to stay with friends who offered to put me up for a spell. Goal? document the ongoing effort to save endangered species, and the social changes in modern middle class Guadalajara. In the turtle spawning grounds the locals earn $1 an endangered egg for soup. The last time I visited we were threatened by men on horseback with rifles. They bullied me into not photographing them; this time I will shoot them (so to speak!).

When the economy comes ROARING BACK! I'll take that job, and complete my masters degree.

Hey lets face it nearly $0% interest loans? A rocking great new president of the US? Americans don't like depressions. Americans don't believe in failure. People of the US don't like second place, won't stand for dead rats in the peanut butter, bankers with their hands in the public till, an old man freezing to death in his own home as he donates a 1/2 million to a hospital, a widow shooting herself in despair of loosing her home - these are the kinds of things Americans can not abide.

If we don't have people robbing grocery stories with shotguns, and riots in the streets we will have peace in two years and an expanding economy.

Things are going to change and they will change swiftly - but not fast enough for me to remain in San Mateo... My friend Ariel said I should bring another gringo to ride shotgun meanwhile.

No comments: