Saturday, November 13, 2004

Contract Worker Project and Skills Based Resume

Today my friend and confidant Virginia Johnson came by to advise me on how to reorganize and rewrite my resume to make it communicate better for consultant based projects, or as a permanent employee.

We used the Contract Workers Handbook located at: http://www.cehandbook.com/ for the outline for my new resume. In the past I tried to combine a curriculum vitae style with a functional resume and it has became too long to be useful. No one wants to read the whole thing - not even moi!
Here is the basic format:

Projects
Skills

Answer the following questions:

Who am I?
What do I do?
How well can I do it?

These are the Section Titles:
Name and Skillset Title
Personal Contact Info
Summary of Experience
Skills and Tools
Selected Project Titles
Project Summaries
Education, Training, and Certificates
References and Supporting Materials
Compliance Notice

In exchange I am covering web logging with her and how to pick a great domain name and build a professional website.