Sunday, November 21, 2004

Lex's Pet Stork, Buster's Pygmy Hippo Impressions, and the invisible friend

So my friend John Forbes is traveling while writing and photo documenting a beautiful trip -- driving to Florida the long way, through Mexico, on his way home to Costa Rica. http://www.costaricajournal.com/Travel%20Journal.htm

John phoned to say Lex, who directs some grand Zoo in Florida, was out looking for his pet stork with a flash light, and Buster, John's dog, was very impressed with meeting Lex's pygmy hippos. i bet -

More bird trouble! as I had decided that Petra the Parrot was too lonely here in Wallingford in my grand old turn of the century, classic Mission style house all by herself without her flock. So after we said bye over the phone to the traveling one!, I took Petra home to Crown Hill, where she was so happy!

Kitchen packing was achieved today with massive boxing of many nice things to be given away.

Like no one wants me to move because they will all miss my house, but my wanderlust has returned, and it is time to overturn my boat and set sail on the winds of fortune again. If anything promotes peace in this world it is commerce and communication.

Torches lit, I sail into the fresh cold night air slowly approaching the dawn.

Notice I too said nothing about the invisible friend.

No comments: