Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bathroom Art -- Hillary Swank Running with Japanese Doll 3d art, bunnyrabbit doorstop, cotton balls, Q-tips, Keenex, Perfume

Leap Year Day 2008 - Bathroom Shelf Art Hillary Swank Running with Japanese Doll 3d art, bunnyrabbit doorstop, cotton balls, Q-tips, Keenex, Perfume, glasses, pennies

I've been creating what I call "bathroom art" for a long time. Something to look at while you sit, or stand or whatever you do. It has to be lively and engaging, generally colorful and interesting. My mom invented the idea when she had a gross of well-crafted flowers attached to her bathroom ceiling so she could enjoy them while she bathed.

As it turned out I am allergic to the jarden clos perfume, so I just spritz it in my shoes; here the bottle is helping to support the torn out page from Vanity Fair magazine.

So I shot this on Leap Year Day 2008 - seems appropriate.

I feel that paper is one of the most fragile forms of displaying art, and common, inexpensive now. It is a sensative medium. Coated paper shines.

This photo was altered. And let's admit it, the portrait of Hillary Swank is what makes this piece run.

No comments: