Saturday, June 21, 2008

Relaxing in a hammock high above Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Builder Puerto Vallarta top of Hillside
This builder was taking a break while building the largest private house on the top of the ridge which overlooks Puerto Vallarta, Mexico when I walked up and asked to take his photograph.

The owner deferred having his photo taken but what a great looking old man he was, with personality written on his face -- the same bright brown and rose red color as his assistant. I just instantly loved these people - just thought their work was great!

Check out that wonderful stone wall behind him. They had done several like that, and had plans to make the house multiple stories with several feature walls.

While they spoke no English and I very little Spanish we still communicated as they showed me all three stories of the mammoth place. Maybe I can take some pictures of the completed building when I find my way back there. This time I hope to have or rent a bike.

No comments: