Sunday, June 22, 2008

Photo Fine Art - 8 Stands Alone, Looking the Other Way

8 Stands Alone, Looking the Other Way

How I created this image - I found stones laying around on the ground at the University of Washington during one of those great impromptu outdoor lunches this early spring where all the cherry trees begin to blossom down the main walkway between the Art and Music Schools.

I stacked the broken stone in the U of the horseshoe-shaped courtyard on the east side of the UW Art School Building.

Later I combined a photo of the stacked stone with a crane and streetlight in front of the Microsoft construction shot out of the top of my car (while working at Microsoft recently on a great project.)

Using Photoshop I merged the two images and gave the background a light and dark effect.

When using Photoshop to create fine art I feel much like someone who becomes one with art -- like someone who drives a racecar and feels to be one with the car.

Best viewed larger so one can see the itaglio print type texture - click on the image to go to Flickr.

No comments: